Friday, October 21, 2016

Frame Folding Tutorial...

 or If I were a card maker...
This is a folding technique that will work with paper as well as with fabric, if you are so inclined! The sample shows two layers of framing.
 I worked on a sheet of white cardstock, to make sure I didn't get any transfer of whatever could be lurking on my desktop. If you know what I mean?
For the sake of simplicity: The center {internet generated photo}
is 3"x3" the pink cardstock is 5"x5" so exactly one inch larger all the way around than the photo. The outside frame of that finished piece also was one inch larger.
Center your photo exactly in the middle of the cardstock. Secure in place with glue.
Next using your 'bone folding tool'
 {I couldn't find mine on the afore mentioned desk....}
Fold each corner to just barely touch the corner of your photo. This will ensure a nice frame finish.
Next fold the long sides to meet your corner folds. Continue this all the way around your project.
This is the view before securing the frame down.
Honestly this took mere minutes to complete. I am sure to be using it on future fabric as well as scrapbooking project. NOTE: If you are using fabric, use an iron to crease your fold lines. You might want to add a fuseable pelon lining to keep your fabric from fraying. Or you could allow a 2" border and fold twice. The first fold will be just outside your center piece, the second would lap onto the center for a tidy finish.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Wild Thing

This little boy steals my heart every time. When he comes to Grandma's house, the Rumpus does indeed Begin. The photo is from a long time ago. It has been waiting for this paper to scrapbook it! 

Friday, October 7, 2016

Paper Traders

Fooling around with some envelope mail art this week.
For the 'Paper Traders' group.


Friday, September 30, 2016

Tiny Dancer tutorial

This isn't a new technique, however it might spark an idea for you to use.
The first thing I did was choose a neutral background and fixed, double sided tape in a rough outline of the sticker I was using.
I cut her out close to the lines. Next I mounted the sticker under a 'transfer tape' This allows for an easy positioning and release. You can see by the tiny pieces, some were left behind on the sticker. Don't worry, you can transfer them with craft tweezers after.
I centered her over the tape background and pressed her down.
Working from darkest to lightest color I carefully removed the sticker body and filled in the exposed tape areas with glitter. 
It is helpful to work from the bottom up.
Once I had it glittered to my taste. I then cut her very close to the edge and mounted her on my layout.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Sea Breeze

I have never scrapbooked in chronological order. I tend to just do the layouts according to whatever strikes my fancy. I found this paper pack by Couture in Selena's little green truck. Scrapendipity It is so beautiful, the photo doesn't even do it justice. I did some fussy cutting, found a paint chip in my favourite color wheel. Cut up some of the hundreds of beach photos I have. {I try really hard not to get any other tourists in them LOL}
Speaking of which......

Friday, September 9, 2016

Fae Children

This is my oldest granddaughter's graduation dress
photo shoot at Lake Abraham.
The main photo flips forward,
so I can add some journaling underneath.
I am waiting for some profound thought to come
to me before I fill it out.
Maybe this one from Pinterest
Dear Jazzy: Happy Birthday!

Friday, September 2, 2016

Dylusions Paint Pens

 This week I spent some time fooling around with the Dylusions Black and White Paint pens. I really like the black. I think I will have to play with the white a little more to see how best to use it. I initially used it as a resist before I added the ink. It worked well with the sponged on ink. The spray did tend to bleed under just a bit.
Because they have a fine tip you get a very clean neat line.
I am not done this page, will be adding some stamps on top of everything. I got the lyrics to the song wrong....but count yourself lucky I wasn't singing them to you......
And then I did a little Halloween diorama.