Friday, June 24, 2016

Fun Fast Tutorial

I am involved in a group that swaps paper, we are the 'Paper Traders'. This is  a sample Rolodex card I made for my swap partner. The theme is June / Weddings / Start of summer. I needed something to add a bit of bling.

From out of the scrap box I pulled this border I had cut as a sample and never used. It was white, so perfect. Now for the bling.
1.} Lay your cut border out on a craft mat
2.} Take the lid off your Goosebumps and spread a thick layer over everything.       Fill in the gaps as well. This might take several passes.
3.}  While it is still wet, sprinkle generously with a glitter of your choice.Check occasionally while it is drying to make sure the edges of your border stay flat  on the mat.
4.} Allow it  to dry thoroughly.  I was worried it would take an overnight dry. But amazingly the 'goosebumps' dried very quickly.{I did use a heat gun on low to make sure it was dry}

I carefully peeled it off the mat, trimmed the edges up and glued it to my Rolodex creation.
 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful :-) I've got to get back to playing around with paper... all I seem to do is buy stuff and store it to use later but I never get around to it lol
big hugs,
Cheryl